We are accepting proposals for 40-minute breakout session presentations at the K-State Research and Extension Annual Conference. Presentations will be on Wednesday, October 17. Proposals should address one of the selected KSRE Core Competencies listed below:
• Diversity/Pluralism/Multiculturalism—the awareness, commitment, and ability to include ones own as well as the others cultural perspectives, assumptions, norms, beliefs, and values to programming.
• Engagement—the ability to recognize, understand, and facilitate opportunities and to broker the necessary resources that best respond to the needs of individuals and communities
• Information and Education Delivery—the mastery of communication skills (such as written and verbal), application of technology, and delivery methods for supporting educational programs and guiding behavior change among learners
• Interpersonal Relations—the ability to successfully interact with diverse individuals and groups to create partnerships, networks, and dynamic human systems
• Leadership—the ability to influence a wide range of diverse individuals and groups positively
• Organizational Management—the ability to establish structure, organize processes, develop and monitor resources, and lead change to obtain educational outcomes effectively and efficiently
• Professionalism—the demonstration of behaviors that reflect high levels of performance, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to continuing education and to the mission, vision, and goals of K-State Research and Extension
• Volunteerism—focuses on volunteers to make a difference, including personal and organizational readiness and engagement, education and sustainability of volunteers
Submission deadline is June 5, 2018.